Joining the Strips of Fabric
There is more than one way to join the strips you’ve cut. One of those ways involves a sewing machine. I wouldn’t do it that way even if I could use a sewing machine competently (which I can’t). I join the strips by hand and that’s much easier. Its a method that vaguely resembles rope splicing, if you’ve ever done that.
1) You need some cat-free space for this. That’s what the bribes are for.
2) Don’t forget to bribe Cowardly Boy Cat, watching silently from inside the laundry basket over there. If he doesn’t get a treat then he’ll come out of that laundry basket and you’ll have TWO bad cats to deal with. So walk the treat over to him. Trust me its easier to just give in.
3) Cut a slit into the end of one strip. I’ll call this Slit #1 and Strip #1.
4) Get Strip #2 and pull it up through Slit #1 for a few inches.
5) Cut Slit #2 into Strip #2.
6) Take the other end of Strip #2 and pull it through Slit #2.
7) Pull Strip #2 all the way through until you have this join.
8) Repeat steps 3 through 7 to join in a third strip.
9) Keep going, taking coffee breaks and handing out bribes as necessary
That’s all there is to it. I recommend not knocking yourself out and trying to get it all done at once. A little bit each morning and pretty soon you’ve have plenty of fabric yarn to play with.