I, ahhh, didn’t make as much progress today. I was a bad spinner. I have excuses..
(Well, you see, there was this knit class that I’d already been paid to teach and I thought about cancelling/rescheduling … but then I chickened out. What if they found out I blew them off just to play with fiber? They might frown at me. I don’t think I could take that.)
(Also there is a little girl who has a treasured crocheted pink blanket that she needs every day at nap time. Except she might have cut a tiny hole in it with scissors and then her daddy might have washed it and the tiny hole might have become a big honking hole and the unfortunate maker of this blanket didn’t think it could be fixed but maybe Jenn could take a look at it.)
… but excuses don’t get the yarn spun do they? Nope! I’ll just have to make it up tomorrow.
I did get some spinning accomplished. I finished the first bobbin of Sapphire and Topaz.
That’s 4 ounces and if I’m getting my usual yardage it will turn out to be 400 to 500 yds.
I started the next bobbin, but didn’t get too far.
As for the Pima and Silk, I got a second ball done on the drop spindle. These are 10 grams each and that seems to be about what I can accomplish when I’m on the go.
And here they are plied together. It turned out to be about 40 yds (plied). I have 80 grams left to spin so I should get 200 yds total of this.
No, I have no idea what I’ll use it for, lol. For now its purpose is to look pretty and be petted.
Oh, and I was able to mend the pink crocheted blanket. Her parents will be able to see the seaming but actual owner of said blanket will not. It will be just a good as before. And her daddy will never be allowed to touch it again.