Let’s do some beadwork! Let’s add beads to our crochet (and later on to our knitting). Its not hard and the results can be just amazing. You’ll be adding sparkly embellishments in no time. Trust me when I say adding beads to crochet (and knitting) is hands-down the best way to personalize a project.
Why? Because you can add beads to almost any design, to almost any piece, and not have to modify the pattern. So don’t hold back. Don’t wait until you are working on a pattern that calls for beads, or as is more often the case, includes an option for adding beads. Beads are always an option. You can add them in anytime you like.
So let’s get started on how to do that. I have an ambitious series on beadwork-with-yarn planned.
- Crochet with Beads Part 1: pre-stringing beads before you chain
- Crochet with Beads Part 2: setting beads as you go
- Knitting with Beads Part 1: pre-stringing beads before you cast-on
- Knitting with Beads Part 2: setting beads as you go
- What Beads to Use and Where to put them in your Knit and Crochet Work
(I’m not promising to have them all posted one right after another. There may be some non-bead-y posts in the middle but you know me… I’ll get it all done. Eventually!)
Yes, I do like beads. One of my closest friends is fond of saying “Let’s bling that sh!t out”. While I am usually trying (and usually failing) to cure myself of saying cuss words, I find myself in complete agreement with that statement. Indeed. We can bling our sh!t out anytime we like.